We believe that a love of music starts at a tender age, and we believe in nurturing that passion. That’s why we’re committed to spread this love of music into the community, for children as young as 2 years old. We have carefully curated a program specially designed for our littlest musicians, which we run at The Music Hub on-island and at conveniently located nurseries across the city.
Our program has a modern and engaging approach to teaching piano skills and music concepts to preschool children. Our methods enable and encourage each child to learn about the piano and music in the learning style that best meets their needs, maximizing their ability to understand and enjoy what they are learning.
Weekly improvisation on the keyboard, music theory, and composition are combined with the traditional elements of music and movement, incorporation of school readiness skills, and character development.
In this program, children have so many learning opportunities – all in the name of fun! Here’s a sample of what children learn:
- Rhythm and movement exercises that develop fine and gross motor skills
- Recognition of notes and note values
- Counting exercises to help recognize numbers and develop math skills
- Building of memory skills through repeated music terminology
- Introduction to the music staff and piano keyboard
- Creative development through improvisation, composition, and keyboard exploration
- Development of interpersonal skills through group interaction
- Improved hand-eye coordination through experience with rhythm instruments and the keyboard
- Reinforcement of listening skills by discerning high and low, as well as loud and soft sounds
- Recognition of the music alphabet, colors, and shapes with worksheet activities
- Music story time focusing on composers, music terminology, and character development
- Weekly life lessons incorporating positive emotional and social skills to build self-worth